HOW TO: Make print files for staple bound booklets
We have gathered the key steps and specs needed to create a successful PDF file for booklets. Before you send your file off for booklet printing, carefully read through these helpful suggestions.
1. Format, Layout, and Cover
Sent files must be in PDF format and should meet the following standards:
- No password needed
- Single pages, organized in proper reading order
- Includes all the pages even the four cover pages
Friendly Reminder: Make sure your file contains four cover pages. If you prefer to print on the outside of the cover page, please leave the second and third cover pages blank. Please include the blank pages in the file.
Your booklet print files are printed in CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) using Fogra 39 printing technology. Fogra is an acronym and in German it means, Research Society For Printing and Reproduction Technology. Images will automatically be converted if you use RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and Pantone colours.
300 dpi (dots per inch) is the best resolution for books, magazines, and booklets. The printing quality of the photos will be affected if you provide low-resolution materials.
4. Bleeds and Margins
- Place the text at least 1/2″ (0.3 in) from the margin. If not, it may come off too close to the binding and its edges. Making it hard to read.
- Always add a 1/8″ (0.125 in) bleed on all sides of every page to prevent leaving white lines. Make sure that the bleed is only within the ±0.25 threshold.
5. Numbers of pages
Our offers on the website are the total number of pages in your files – including the four cover pages which are needed for all the booklet print files.
6. Further Information
The printing line weight has a minimum of 0.25 pt.
Other Printed Ideas
If you are looking to build out your print campaign with other promotional product ideas, then do head over to our sister website Fast Promos. All of our Customer Happiness Team will be delighted to help you. Alternatively you can always call us for support on 1300 663 812.